This weekend was great, mostly because of the Olympics! I have already worn out the Hubs Olympic tolerance with the amount I watched this weekend. Hopefully he’ll have a busy week so I can continue to overload on coverage. My top 5 thoughts from this weekend’s viewing:
5. I used to think Ice Dancing was lame but obviously that was wrong because Meryl Davis and Charlie White are awesome.
4. Torah Bright, the Australian snowboarder is such a badass for doing all three events. I hope she wins a gold to prove girls are better than boys (aka Shaun White).
3. The Skiathalon looked BRUTAL. You know an event was rough when every single person collapses to the ground after the finish line. It also made me feel like I maybe should have been working out instead of sitting on the couch.
2. Will the figure skaters who were in the team competition all be doing the exact same programs in their individual events? If so, I feel like that will be a little anti-climactic.
1. Do the athletes have hair and make-up people? If they don’t I am super impressed with a lot of those skiing/snowboarding girls because I would look nowhere even close to that cute after coming off the slopes.
In non-Olympic weekend news, we went on our first real friend date on Friday night. If you are unaware of what friend dating is then count yourself lucky, because you’ve probably never lived anywhere where you don’t know anyone.
Luckily, the “date” went well. We went out for sushi with another couple, Hubs was friendly the guy at business school but didn’t know him well. They were very nice and we didn’t have any awkward lags in conversation. The girl even asked for my number as we were leaving the restaurant. I haven’t dated in quite a while, but I feel like that was a good sign.
And now on to last week’s workouts:
Monday: Winter Shape Up Workout 2..this was another tough one. Those Tabatas kick some serious ass.
Tuesday: Yoga, needed to stretch it out
Wednesday: Winter Shape Up Workout 2 again. Was still super hard, I didn’t magically get into better shape (unfortunately)
Thursday: Off day, worked late
Friday: Off again because I worked late (yes on a Friday and yes it sucked)
Saturday: 1.65 mile outside run. We did not have a lot of time to squeeze in anything more than that, but it was still good to get out in the finally warmer weather
Sunday: Hour long bike ride. I feel like you never realize how hilly your neighborhood is until you a) bike it or b) try to drive on ice. Turns out our neighborhood, and the neighboring neighborhood that we got lost in, are pretty darn hilly. Our legs were toast by the time we finally made it home.
We have the possibility for another snow/ice day or two this week. Fingers crossed! Although now that I typed it, it won’t happen.